13.2.11

I like Winter

I do. Really.
I like the long evenings, the skating, the hot chocolate. 
I like the quiet hush that falling snow brings. 

I like blankets, sleds, icicles, and chickadees.

I rarely tire of Christmas carols.
I could stare at winter constellations for longer than my cold hands let me.

I think candy canes are the best.
I love having extended family around.

I like winter.  Really, I do.  That's what I keep telling myself,  persuading myself to live out the rest of the winter enthusiastically.  But lately, I've been looking at pictures, and you know what?

I really like spring, too. 



*last photo credit goes to my sister*

4 comments:

  1. Love it! =) Yup i have to agree.... lately i have been looking at pics of summer and spring too and i get sorta tired of winter. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the close up photos that are in this post. They have good composition, lighting, and focus.

    I enjoy taking close up photos.

    What type of camera did you use?

    --Rundy
    silverwarethief.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you.

    Photography is my way of getting people to see the world from my eyes, since I can not draw. :)

    I took these photos with a Konica Minolta Dimage Z1. It's kind of a heavy duty point-and-shoot. I don't think they're manufactured anymore.

    Oh. The second to last picture my father took, and I believe he used his Pentax K100D for that.

    What do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My camera is a pretty basic point-and-shoot Nikon Coolpix 5200. Also a bit out of date. Doesn't have much zoom capabilities.

    ReplyDelete