11.4.13

Leaving...

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.  -Anatole France



Dear Readers,

 I'm leaving next week for a term of bible school. After that, I will be attending a music camp in the beautiful Virginia mountains.  I will not be frequenting the internet very much during that time. You are welcome to leave comments, as I will be checking my inbox occasionally.
 Brace yourselves for volumes of words and piles of photos, upon my return.   (mid-June)

Until then I remain, as ever,
Your humble Collector,
Dee


P.S.  I provided some chairs. Feel free to make yourself at home.  Take a deep breath...and enjoy your time here!   :)


8 comments:

  1. WAIL!!!!

    Not so much because you'll be gone, but because I won't be able to come visit you!!!

    Your chairs are gorgeous...I would crash on one of them if it didn't mean I would be by myself, no Daisy to hash things with. or laugh with. or tell stupid jokes.

    sigh.

    moan.

    WAIL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back!!!! Come visit me!!!!

      oh wait.

      you did already.

      well. I shall come visit you.

      Delete
  2. An Anatole France quote! But then, if his books are as melancholy as his quotes, I might have second thoughts about reading them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So. Have you read them yet? ARE they melancholy?

      Delete
  3. Hello Dee...
    I just nominated you for the Liebster Award... here are 11 questions for you to answer and please check back on my blog for posting details.

    1. Your blog title/name? How did it come about... is there a story?
    2. Books. Who is your favorite author? What is your style?
    3. Speaking of Style. Who/what inspires you in your wardrobe selection?
    4. If you're a mom! - Any advice you could share? If you're not... What do you wish you could share?
    5. In blogging.. Do you share your Faith? Why or Why not?
    6. Collections... What is yours? Baskets? Cookbooks? - How did you get started?
    7. Do you have that one "best friend" - what makes her a great friend? Give me just two-three words.
    8. Pizza or Stromboli? Would that be homemade or "Take Out"?
    9. Camera advice...is needed. What would you recommend?
    10. And your favorite flower is...?
    11. Tell me that one idiosyncrasy you LOVE about yourself..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to reply to these in the near future. :)

      Delete
  4. I wish you would be blogging about bible school. It would be fun to hear your impressions. And in spare moments, write some poetry about pink flowering trees and the green of newly budding leaves in spring and daffodils. :-)

    Your aunt, the one who is in school. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... We'll see what we can do about that. :)

      Delete