1.12.11

Old Haunts


  One of the best things about Thanksgiving is that I get some time to revisit old haunts. (As is the case with most holidays, but I do so like Thanksgiving for that sort of thing.) 
  The photo above was shot from nearly the top of the hill that my uncle's farm is located on.  It used to be my grandparents' farm, and as a child I spent many happy hours wandering the cowpaths through the pastures and trekking up the hill.  
  It is a high green hill in the summertime, and there is a spectacular view of the valley from the top.  It's the perfect place to wave to airplanes (and to fly kites).
  You can just so see the barn roof in the lower left-hand corner.  The farmhouse is to the right of the barn, hidden by the curve of the hill.
  This hill is on my list of Most Favoritest Places (in all the World).   What's on your list?

1 comment:

  1. I don't mind a bit. I think I'm putting some things together now. Thanks for telling me who you're. I'm just a curious George.

    ReplyDelete