3.7.12

"Remember the Maine, Plymouth Rock, and the Golden Rule!"

  That's what my brother said at breakfast this morning.  It made me laugh.  (Which is a good thing, because although I'm not usually exactly "grouchy" in the morning I'm not really a morning person.)
  I don't know what context he said it in, but he was quoting from the classic musical 'The Music Man'.   It's one of my favorite lines from the movie.   I'm not sure exactly WHY it tickles my funny bone. Maybe it's the way the actor sings it, while hanging off a very serious looking statue???


*edited to say that this incident is now ancient history. I'm not even sure when it happened. The paragraph's been sitting around as a draft and I'm finally publishing it. :)  Because it makes me smile every time I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment