18.12.12

Contagious, Cont.

  I was in the library the other day, (again, I know) selecting books for my two younger brother's schoolwork.  Hence, I was in the kid's wing, therefore: I talked to Miss Nancy again. And guess what?  She sent me her poem!  I thought I'd share it, since it nearly drives me wild with curiosity when I'm reading a book and the characters are discussing a book or poem they read, AND THEY NEVER SAY WHAT IT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
  Come on people, I understand that it's a convenient writer trick, but I would like to be in on the joke too...  so I won't put you all through the same mental torture.
  The poem is untitled.


The python rests
upon himself
completely self-contained
Bejeweled in colored scales
Brilliant green
Golden yellow
Earthy brown
Waiting
Watching
Opening himself wide
Only for what
Sustains him
He makes us shudder
His eyes so cold, uncaring
Beautiful predator
Completely self-contained.

-Nancy Antram



  After promising to email me the poem, she told me what a strange coincidence it was that I'd checked out 'The Importance of Being Earnest',  because she'd just been reminiscing with an old theater friend about the time (times?) they'd performed it. She confided that she'd played the character 'Gwendolyn', and said how much fun it'd been.  Wish I could've seen it...


  

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete