16.3.13

Beware The Jellyfish In Your Dreams!

 I dream a lot. Both when I am awake and asleep.  Normally, the dreams in my sleep are filled mostly with people talking. (Conversations that I don't remember when I wake up, which is sad, because I'm sure I'd know all kinds of stuff by now.)  Occasionally, something out of the ordinary happens. 
 Thursday night was just such a night. 

 I was looking into an aquarium, and then I must've been in the ocean/sea myself, because I reached out to touch the brightly colored tiny fish (so now I know I dream in color. the fish was blue and red striped.) but my attention was caught by the clear plastic jellyfish. 
 I picked it up to examine more closely, and the horrible little thing stung me! I tried to shake it off, but it continued to cling to my hand and sting me, so I grabbed it with my other hand and either killed it or threw it away, I don't remember. 
 What I do remember is having to pull the jellyfish's stinger out of my hand. It was translucent and stiff, like nylon guitar string, with barbs in the end, and hurt like crazy. 
 I distinctly remember how tiny it felt between my left hand's thumb and forefinger.  
 I was nervous that it was a poisonous jellyfish, but then I woke up, and it was a gray dawn with no nasty jellyfish in sight. No barbed anything in my hand either.  
 All's well that ends well. I guess, since I didn't die in my sleep from a jellyfish sting.

  I just had a great burden to share that dream with the public, as I think it's relevant to us all. The lesson to be learned from such an event, that is.

 Never enter aquariums, and definitely don't ever pick up plastic jellyfish.  They MAY be poisonous.


4 comments:

  1. I also dream a lot, and sometimes have very weird dreams. One night I dreamed I was in Prague travelling in an elevated tram. Never made that one into a blog post, but I did some time ago record the time I dreamed of a pink bathroom scale: http://silverwarethief.com/essays/2010/01/07/dreaming-of-a-pink-bathroom-scale/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I agree. The pink bathroom scale one was very weird.

      Sometimes weird dreams are a good thing. :)

      Delete
  2. Dee, is it any wonder you're my friend?

    oh COURSE NOT...it does explain a few things though!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! OF COURSE NOT!!!!
      ...just explains how great minds think alike, that's all.....

      Delete