9.3.13

The most gorgeous brown eyes

that I've ever seen belong to a four-year-old pixie that I played checkers with this evening. Guess who won?  Yup. The pixie did. I am such a softie when it comes to twinkling little kid eyes. Specially if they have a queer slant to them (thus the pixieness) PLUS pretty little pointy ears. Seriously.
  I actually didn't have to make a lot of dumb moves, due to the fact I haven't played in years and she is very good at checkers.  Oh, don't worry, I didn't go too easy on her. She had to work for it.  :)  Nonetheless, I was a little worried. Checkers is like swimming or riding a bike. You shouldn't be able to forget the twisty little tricks.  
  Oh well. I think I was distracted, keeping the baby occupied with memory cards.   

Riiiiiiiight, I hear you say.  

  Ok, ok, and playing Connect4 with the two-year old and watching the oldest two siblings play Chutes and Ladders.  There. See?  I was distracted... 

 We played outside, and I tried to teach them how to play frisbee football but it didn't work out so swell, though we had fun just running around in the fresh air and getting our shoes and various pieces of clothing all muddy.
  Raini, those 70* of yours are in here now. Only translated into the upper fifties-low sixties. Same diff.       Blue sky, sparkling stars, yellow crocus kind of  a day.

 Enough. Here is a picture and then to bed I go. 




{Soon, folks. Be of good cheer!}




*photo credits to my Dad

4 comments:

  1. When I was a little boy my Grandpa liked to play chess with me. He never let me win (or any of the other grandchildren). He always tried his best to beat us. When the day came where he couldn't beat me anymore, he didn't want to play chess anymore. Lol.

    Nice picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't bear squashing her hopes. :) If we would've played again, I think I would've won.

      Delete
  2. This...now THIS is life as I know it.

    plant life spilling over, gushing out of every crevice, crook, and cranny. only a few more weeks until I'm doused in this waterfall of living green again.

    thank - you for the picture, it was water to my soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no you won't. It's not NEARLY that green around here. That's from last year, and I don't think it'll be like that until the middle of April at LEAST. More's the pity.

      Ha. Hahaha. We went to the Landing this afternoon to play frisbee football. It was Gorgeous Weather and Fun Times! I twisted my ankle though. Icing it as I speak. ouch.

      Delete